retro music

kona kid

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
so I was polishing some cranks last night and when i digging some CDs out to listen to I put on some old stuff I hadn't listened to in an age - Buffalo Tom and The Levellers :D - so it got me wondering, what is your retro music of choice?

(bonus points for having it the same year as your bike!)

When Im building wheels or so, I often listen to some classical music. Beethoven, Tsjaikovczi and whatnot. I don't think in terms of 'retro' music or so, I even have a wide array of music I like. From Pearl Jam to some good german/french electro (Daft Punk, Phoenix). And from Beethoven to Queens of the Stoneage/Eagles of death metal.

ta - so much for an original thread idea :cry: !

I heard a bit of DJ Shadow the other day, think i'm off to amazon right now....

Who says you can't listen to the Archers in between 'The W" and "Enter the Wu' It can't all be 9 millies etc, even real G's need to get out into the coutryside every now and then and Ambridge is as good a place as any. Besides all this recorded aggression is just for fun, we all really like mucking out the animals and gossip at the local P.O - That's really keepin' it real.

maybe we should say what alternative or embarrassing stuff we listen to when we 'bike' (can it be a verb?!)

eg - Archers(Wu-Tangled) / classical music (Jeroen) = alternative
or
10000 maniacs/Levellers (me) = embarrassing!

Isn't listening to music while you bike a bit dangerous?

I listen to the music while i bike but it's all in my mind - (well the voices are), not on an mp3 player.

Last ride was Johnny Cash.

Next one will be Nas I can tell.

Back