What frame/part/mtb item do you want most in '06?

rody

BoTM Winner
Ok guys,

The rebirth of Mt. Goat and the flurry of activity on EBAY recently have prompted me to ask...

What is the frame, part, bike related item you would most like to find for yourself in 2006?

I would really like to find a set of Grove Hot Rods cranks...

Pic courtesy of Jro from mtbr

Attachments

• hotrods.jpg
    hotrods.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 2,994
Hmmm. Good question.

At the moment I'm still after a nice steel merckx road frame. Also keeping my eye out for a pre-Trek Klein at a sensible price....

91 onwards specialized ultimate.. wish I'd bid on the 16in 1 that only made £150 on ebay.ca..

also wish I'd bid on the broken seatube FAT 10th anniversary that made £272 frame, fork & king headset...

maybe a mountain goat needin a lot of work. on a non retro note maybe a 6in travel trail bike :)

I'm also gonna try & hunt down the cook bros stem I literally gave away for free.. DOH!

Really good question .

I would love to find a pair of turquoise Grafton or Cook bross cranks , but they are out of my price range .

Frame wise , a Gt RTS would be great .

Still after a nice saracen trekker comp (double U brake), maybe some other nice steel frame will have to do until I find one :(

Would like....

Now as Im a greedy b@stard:

I want:

1) Trimble
2) RC36 pro class hard springs
3) Roller for the Fat Ti
4) Pauls Vbrakes
5) Perhaps another Klein in linear fade
6) Some Middleburn cranks to fit the F4 Pace
7) A Fuquay

Jez, did you not get a roller sorted for the fat, you need an imperial bolt as it's not metric on my Yo. But I might have a rollamajig roller available.

Great thread...

I'd like a PACE RC100 19" bike (if only god! :roll: )

Lots and lots of photos for my PACE dedication website .. Jez...is that an F4 i hear you say you had??? ;)

Rich

Very nice list growing...I expect each of you to post back when you finally bring those parts home :D

I suppose I'll add a few more bits that I can't live without...

- Early 90's Slingshot with rigid fork to build up into a SS
- Precision Billet front derailleur in blue to finish off the Fat Yo
- Anthing Grove Innovations or EWR

Good luck hunting in 06 to you all...

rody

Funny enough , I have just found some Cook bros in blue , really cheap .
€40 posted with rings !

I have also found some Proshift shifters in red brand new , but I would prefer some blue ones , so I might sell them .

Back