Fisher AL-1 (circa '89 or '90) Rebuild

Stolichnaya

Retro Newbie
As per my "Introduce Yourself" note, I recently uncovered an old MTB of mine. I have the time right now and am giving it some TLC. I will post photos when it is done, but for now have two questions that I hope forum members can assist me with:

- Manitou Three fork:
I have found some extra damping inserts for this fork in an old box of parts. Some of the original dampers installed in the fork have compressed, as I see is normal with age from other postings. However, in order to get the stack height of the dampers correct, can anyone tell me how many dampers were in the original fork? Or better yet, what is the total height (in cm's) of the dampers and hard plastic spacers together in each fork leg?

- Paint:
The frame has more than a few riding nicks in the paint. I was excited to find an old bottle of the Fisher green metallic touch up paint, but alas it has dried up loooong ago. Anyone know if there are color codes out there for this paint? Or should I just go down to the hobby shop and get something close? I do not plan to repaint the entire frame. The original decals are still in good shape and look cool. I just want to cover up some of the unsightly chain stay chips.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you can offer.

not the same forks but the same elastomers stack

Attachments

• manitou 014.jpg
    manitou 014.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,079
Back