What colour to paint my bike?

ape

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ok I'm in the process of rebuilding my beloved cannondale M300 its a cad3 frame with the wishbone stays, I'm having/already have some anodised red bits e.g. headset, crank caps, chainring bolts cage ect with a few black its like my cooks cranks, I'm going to respray it in the near future, now shall I paint it a pearlescent white I'm wondering or a metalic black. I've always liked white and thought it would look nice with any carbon or black bits and the red bits but the frame is already black at the front metalic british racing green at the back so would be a bit more like the original in black and also thought that would look nice. Opinions please, would a parts build list help? with the decision?.

My mate had a matte black CAD 3 and it looked fantastic - dunno if you've considered that option.

Choosing a paint colour is tough! Too many choices!
When I had to choose the colour for my car it took me 3 months, then I went with my first choice :roll:

Not really into matt colours especially with the parts build I'll be using but thanks for the suggestion any alternative suggestions are welcome too.

I have a real backlash against all the blacks/greys etc around nowadays.

Just built up my first ever white bike and am impressed at how good it can look.

:D

Think white/red anno would look pretty cool too.

I'm just about to get a frame painted up blue.

Don't know how that'll help you but I feel better for letting you know :)

Lol Cheers Russell I feel better for knowing that, glad you got it off your chest you could well possibly make me jealous by telling me what frame it is well if its one I like anyway. Yeah I was thinking white could look nice Gump, did you get my pm about the ringle cage, just uploading the pics of it now to the computer.

i had my kirk painted white with anodised red parts fitted and it looked well nice.
someone on this forum has also had a white repaint done on a cool frame and that looks great too ;)

ape":22ha4udh said:
Lol Cheers Russell I feel better for knowing that, glad you got it off your chest you could well possibly make me jealous by telling me what frame it is well if its one I like anyway.

Not particularly dribble-worthy I'm afraid, its a battered old Voodoo Erzulie and its being painted blue purely because I have some blue Magura HS33s kicking about and I thought it may be nice to paint it to match them.

White sounds good. Will go with anything and easy to match touch up paint if it gets chipped.

Back