Overburys Bristol

I popped in last week to say hello to Mrs. Powell. They're selling Bianchis still and doing a nice trade by the looks. I don't think they're building frames anymore though. Shame really, they were the pimp daddys of the west back in the day.

I've recently aquired an old 1989 Pioneer thats been in my mates loft for over fifteen years and i'm thinking of restoring it, do you know if they still respray frames ?
Thanks

No they don't unfortunately. However, any decent powder coating firm will charge you £25-£30 for a respray ( don't forget choccy Hobnob bribe! ) and the full decals should be on the hard drive of these people who charge around £20-£30 for a set. They have everything as they supply the decals for this frame restoration/building firm.
Good luck. If you go ahead with it, post pics of the result!

Cheers, i'll call them first thing monday morning, i'm looking forward to this build, i've just given away my 1993 pine mountain and i've always wanted a Pioneer, i'll post pics of the build as it starts.
Thanks again.

Careful dude, those bottom brackets were about 2 ft off the ground!
I think I've got an old catalogue somewhere, I'll try and dig it out.

Cheers i'd appreciate that, there does'nt seem to be any pics on the net for them, i spoke to Mrs Powell (Overburys) this morning and they might be able to restore the frame and decals for me.
Having fun finding the right bottom bracket for it though, i'm wanting to run with a Campagnolo Euclid chainset, difficulty is the frame is an english thread, so i'm having to search around.

Cheers
There was originally a Campy Euclid english thread, but i don't know the length, the shell measures 67mm across.
But i'll take all the help i can get !!
Thanks

Latest posts

Back