Steel Explosif is back for 2010!!! plus a new Kilauea?

Explosif

Looks to be non-exotic steel. Double butted chromoly. 853 would have been ideal.

Still, good to see the name back.

Re: Explosif

ratbane":3hn3d2c8 said:
Looks to be non-exotic steel. Double butted chromoly. 853 would have been ideal.

Still, good to see the name back.

Columbus or Dedacciai steel would have made them pretty desirable as well.

Chunky dropouts are a tad ugly, but nice to see more and more manufacturers making good steel frames again. What is good about the dropouts is you can run gears or SS without a tensioner. Sort of everything to everyone. If that is good or bad is a whole different discussion.

Pip

Pip":29nv3q97 said:
Chunky dropouts are a tad ugly, but nice to see more and more manufacturers making good steel frames again. What is good about the dropouts is you can run gears or SS without a tensioner. Sort of everything to everyone. If that is good or bad is a whole different discussion.

Pip

True...also allows you to run disc brakes in ss mode without a eccentric hib or bb- ugly but functional.

Now there is nothing functional about those ugly graphics :evil:

I also enjoyed there description of steel:
"playfulness of steel"

think I'll use it in my sig ;)

Better frames out there now...I think they've missed the boat with this one

Neil G":2wfl3wnc said:
Better frames out there now...I think they've missed the boat with this one

Reluctantly I agree.

Each incarnation seems to water down the purity of what was one of the original drool worthy super light steel race frames. Adding the sliding dropouts, beefing it up and making it from a steel they don't bother (or perhaps don't want to mention) does nothing for the kudos and image. Perhaps better to let sleeping dogs lie?

Carbon Kilauea? What next... an Alu Cindercone :LOL:

Latest posts

Back