Gah!! the search for a Bonty continues.....

Scarlett

Dirt Disciple
gggrrrrrr! I need a rant and I know you lot will understand...

ever since I had to admit the Bontrager frame I had was too big and sell it on I have been looking for a tiny, ickle little Bontrager to build up. Dunno why but I want a Bontrager, nothing else will do!

Have seen 2 on Ebay in America, 1st one was perfect, a Privateer in red with forks and 14" - got outbid by a few quid... :( have even begged and offered a swap for more money/a limb/organ/my firstborn but no avail, its not gonna be mine....

The second was a Race Lite, in silver and in need of a complete resto job. Perfect size and perfect price - the seller wouldnt ship outside US, no probs as we could have it shipped to someone we know and sent on to us, so all sorted, went to bid, the seller had bids from outside the US blocked and didnt know how to unblock it so we couldnt bid :( and it went for £60 quid or so.... gutted....

Got involved in the whole retro bike thing when I realised my Volkswagen hobby was becoming too time consuming, expensive and causing me more stress than needed, the bikes seemed like a better option - now I am back to trawling Ebay etc looking for the perfect bike and perfect bits for it.... pfft....!

Anyone else waited what feels like aaaaaaaaaages to get their perfect bike...?

anywho - rant over.... <wanders off to Ebay.com>

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers mate - had a look and its lush but sadly too big as I am looking for a 14"ish frame... had one that sort of size and it was huuuuge... :(

after loosing the 1st one we planned that with the second one and would have won it if we had been able to bid...!!!

I'll bloody well find one eventually....

FeBay? Have I been missing something really obvious (like that never happens)?

Scarlett you sound really stressed.

it took me 1.5 years to find my mint 93 Race Lite XS once I knew I wanted one. pass on privateers. ideally, wait for a <95 race or race lite. i'm not a fan of resto projects unless its a rare frame or start price was really low.

ebay has a "want-it-now" area for wanted ads.

scant":13xjtrwj said:
people stick wanted ads all the time, they ususally get pulled pretty quick tho.

there's a want-it-now section on ebay

http://pages.ebay.com/wantitnow/

edit, holden told you already... need more coffee....

Carsten

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back