Screw on cassettes

elma

Retro Guru
Where can you find decent quality screw on cassettes in mtb sizes.
e.g 12-28 12-30.

thanks iain

Can't get 12s in screw on freewheel. Sunrace do a few nice one, sachs maillard used to but can't find em anywhere now. SJScycles have a number of regina ones but they are a bit touch and go with indexing, shimano ones now have ramps and stuff but start at 14 tooth (can you tell that I've been through the same thing recently...). The best I found was a 13 -28 sunrace from Jenson in the states - arrived 2 days after I ordered it, so not quite chainreaction cycles but nearly seeing as it had to travel several thousand miles.

I bought a 13-28 Shimano unit for my Grove recently. The 14t is more common, but 13 does excist.

You can also get them with ugly Mega Range ring :shock: 34t

I have a couple of old Sachs ones and they are strange in that they make no clicks :?

14t is a bit big really. Even with my weedy legs.

Sunrace, regina, sachs all come in 8 speed as do several other brands. Ebay is the best place for a wide choice of budget one, there were some good ones at £15 quid. SJS are a bit more pricy but are better quality

Sachs 12-28

Iain,

I have a brand-new, never used Sachs 12-28 8-speed freewheel. I will never use it, but would rather swap than sell. I need a good rear wheel with Shimano 8-speed hub (XT or XTR)....

Interested? PM / mail me...

Scratch

Back