If you had £1000 what would you buy and what spec........

Having spoken to a member earlier it got me thinking. If you had £1000 available to spend on some retro joy what would you buy and what parts would you fit.......

Is this can of worms part 3....................?

Nothing too bling else I'd be scared to lean it against an abrasive surface let alone ride it.

Something like a NOS saracen kili ultra. I know others will go for something more flashy but that'll do me nicely indeed thanks.

legrandefromage":1co4njbl said:
but no M900!

Having had a full M900 groupo on the Zaskar LE, I am glad I've done it, it was silky smooth, BUT it is always a huge worry that your going to wreck it!

LX, DX and XT is much easier to live with! :LOL:

I'd buy half of a new exhaust for my car for that. Don't need any more bikes. I'm spent. :?

A set of Ti Project 2 forks with long enough steerer for my 20" Hei Hei (if they even exist :roll: ).
With the remaining cash it'd be Ti Race Light bars, stem & O-beam post.

Dr S":3lqmxmlc said:
I'd buy half of a new exhaust for my car for that.

Yup, stainless steel aint half expensive, just found that after doing the wifes Scooby......

......but damn it looks good, and sounds blinkin LOUD :cool:

rocky mountain tibolt with red stuff all over woul€d be nice...oh and some pure white grips and matching onza porcs...mavic 231cd rims,mavic hubs,front and rear mechs are mavic too.hope qrs in green,dirt rodz bar ends,use seat post ,magura race line brakes,vetta tt ssddle,tioga revolver chainset,yellow judy sl forks(they match the brakes colour).ti block 8speed,hollow pin track chain,clark kent cables,xtr spuds,oh and some tie dye spokes bladed of course,,,xlite handlebars with the final touch being the syncros stem in black and a rasta ck headset to complement it.i would also have (i forgot to mention) pauls shifters in blue....see now ya got me started.. :shock:

Back