1992 Saracen Kili Racer seatpost size?

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As the title suggests I can't work out what size post to get for my latest bike. I know it's about 30mm, but if there is anyone out there who can let me know the exact dimensions before I start buying several of the wrong size posts, I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers Mr Slackal, but I'm casting the net a little wider for this question. Besides which I think I've already asked most of the usual early Saracen suspects...

Cheers porkypaw. 30.1mm is a rather unusual size. I reckon I should just about get away with a 30.0mm then...

Thanks again.

Hmmmm? The plot thickens...
Is the 93 Race Elite an e-stay like mine?

92KiliRacer00.jpg

And out of curiosity, what groupset has it got. Any pictures...?

Only picked it up few weeks ago,saddle in bin, will go period XT :)

Mixed groupset, mainly LX, reading old magazines, this model was a bit of a last years model with a varied mix and match shimano '93 parts.

Wheels with LX hubs/Wolber Saracen rims will be for sale!

Attachments

• kili 93 002 (Custom).jpg
    kili 93 002 (Custom).jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 1,696
Brilliant. Thanks for that.
Along with the seatpost size, this clears up another piece of the confusing early Saracen jigsaw.

I had heard that the 1993 Race Elite was essentially a re-stickered version of leftover Kili-Racer frames, with a mixed selection of mostly low end Shimano bits.

The funny thing is, about a week after getting my hands on the frameset in my picture, I literally found a complete Race Elite bike tucked away in somebodys shed while I was being shown around.
The owner of said bike has since offered to sell it to me, as it clearly wasn't being used and I clearly showed an interest.
It's in the Lake District at the moment, and I haven't decided whether or not to offer him a few quid yet.

Back