Which manufacturers made the biggest frames?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm fed up with teeny tiny 19" (!) frames. Who made big frames so I can look out for them? I can kick off with 2 that I am aware of:

Proflex Way Big (21.5")
Dave Yates Diabolo (21.5")

and I've got both of these...

Nothing ever seems to fit me :cry:

Muddy Fox Courier came in 23" and I briefly had a 23" Falcon Everest in 1988. More like a gate than a bike.

Dyna Tech bonded Ti's came in 21" flavour (real 21" seat tube as well, not imaginary lines to the seat post).

Orange made gates in 21" too. ;)

Pace did 20"

Obviously all the custom guy's made big frames, as did Marin.

im pretty sure GT used to make some absolute whoppers. i remember reading about a custom one they did for a basketball guy once too.

how about this road frame 31" made by Dave Yates!!!

Bigfr.jpg

orange71":3sc1wpuj said:
I'm fed up with teeny tiny 19" (!) frames. Who made big frames so I can look out for them? I can kick off with 2 that I am aware of:

Proflex Way Big (21.5")
Dave Yates Diabolo (21.5")

and I've got both of these...

Nothing ever seems to fit me :cry:

DUDE! you're an ideal candidate for a custom built frame. check out the build quality on jez curtlo. exceptional & pretty good value for money... or give rody a shout :D

Is there a High and Mighty for the taller retro off roader? If so, please lt me know

ededwards":1z8fy8dt said:
Is there a High and Mighty for the taller retro off roader? If so, please lt me know

It's true though isn't it - nothing seems to cater for the taller rider? It's even worse than getting clothes to fit! :D

Back