Wow I found my favorite bike of all time- on Ebay

quickdraw

Dirt Disciple
Not the exact model. The exact bike. At first I thought, man this bike looks familiar. First I see the oury grips I put on. Then the short Thompson stem. Then I see the bike dealer decal from a tiny shop in Nebraska I ordered from - the seller and I live 2000 miles away from that shop. That sealed it for me. Then I realized I could check my ebay feedback and sure enough the seller is there. I hardly rode the bike because it was too big for me, but I used it on easy paths. The seller didn't use it much since it was too small for him-he rode mostly on roads. So it's pretty sparkly. That 853 was incredibly comfy and sucked up all the hits. It was like going over bumps on a couch.

My first reaction was "I gotta get it back!" But I just bought a Fender
Stratocaster and I need something to plug it in. Bummer. You don't get a chance like this very often.

Oh, and he's off by three years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-2001-Kona ... 286.c0.m14

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
fingers":29v5tiiw said:
Cool.

Ive got a nice flame red usa standard. So easy to play with a great action.

I had this usa strat but sold it. Can you identify the rare Fender color?

3812442743_29f3b49e69.jpg

fingers":af4ulsaz said:
England beer?

nah it's Tanqueray Green

Fender made about 100 US guitars in honor of a Prince's Trust fund concert
for a contest sponsored by Tanqueray.

I wasn't a winner. I was a second owner.

Latest posts

Back