1990 Klein Attitude going on Ebay - less than 4 hours to go

Rich

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

Urgh,

Always the way, you see a bike that you like and you don't have the dough to pay for it. Currently going for £253.00 full XT 17" Attitude in Team colours with a weird looking handlebar and dodgy Atom bomb forks...still...could make a great resto job...ships to the UK too!!! :roll:

Rich

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
...& to think I sold some spare matching green klein forks, bar/ stem combo, headset bearings etc a while back...

OK, anyone shipped from the states? ;)

Experience on costs for import/vat and carrier to use? I shouldn't, but that colour Klein has always been on my 'must own' list, along with an RC100.

Shame about the forks/stem, but I could look out for some...

I shouldn't but just maybe...

:D

Cheers!!

import duty can run as high as 30%, insured for £400, you'd be looking around £200 & more thru fed-ex etc to deliver it (duty would be of the combined value including shipping). Ideally either have friends in the US & get it sent to them, then either collect it yourself later, or whenever they come over. or stick a waay lower insurance value on it & send it USPS insured surface mail, which is pretty much the cheapest way of sending an item from the US. obviously if it gets lost or trashed in postage, then you wont get the full value.

As far as replacement MC1s & forks go, check Jezs other thread, they're making mental £ a.t.m. I sold a mate forks for £84 & the MC1 for a pathetic £22, but then it was 135mm & only 19in wide! Given this klein in question using conventional forks, its also got a headset reducer, which means new klein headset bearings, if you can find them, they run to around £20...& then you'll need the replacement rubber sleeves to sit atop the bearings.

good luck :)

There is one similar in germany , check the aution watch Klein link .
It would be much easier .

mmm maybe a good plan.

I used to travel to the states a bit, but less so now.

Germany though, know a few people there who could help me out. The search continues...

Ta for the advice - forgot about the silly fork pricing lately too!! :shock:

ouch :shock:
from USA - $270 to post, plus bike, plus import duty/tax...

That'll never work!!

Latest posts

Back