SARACEN MAXTRAX MONOQUE FRAME

oldmarin

Dirt Disciple
Hi

I am new on here and since finding the site i have already tempted to buy about 5 bikes! divorce a possibility!! having missed a P7 Orange at the local car boot sale for £45 !!!!!!!!!i have seen a werid Saracen Maxtrax its orange a monoque frame has mostly stx parts with v brakes rigid forks its for sale for £125 looks pretty good nick does anyone know anything about them? i have googled it and nothing really comes up.

cheers
amazing site with amazing bikes that bring back a ton of happy memories
:D

I remember the Maxtrax you mention, late 90's I think, basically the monoque from their DH bikes with a rigid rear end welded on. I remember thinking it quite smart in its orange livery. You got the impression it was in response to an overstock of DH frames, lets turn them into hardtails some one thought.
I remember it being reveiwed in a mag, it was described as well equipped but a wee bit heavey and unforgiving. Saracens of the late 90's tended to being overbuilt and lacking in frame flex, I had a Dirttrax of the same period. Harsh ride but great acceleration and quite reasonable spec.

Velo

Thanks

probably not great for me then as recovering from a accident thats left me with a bad lower back and hip.

cheers

Sounds like your a candidate for full sus, although suspension seatposts have existed from way back and thus class as retro.

Good luck, but watch the back, I know believe me :?

Velo

Back