Stripping My Zaskar GT 1996, any tips?

Munky0Fresh

Retro Newbie
Hey people :) I have recently purchased a Zaskar Gt 1996 second hand and im planning to strip it down to the frame in order to understand this paticular bike better. and i just wondered if any one had some useful facts about the Zaskar GT 1996. :D

Munky0Fresh":12v9z82b said:
Hey people :) I have recently purchased a Zaskar Gt 1996 second hand and im planning to strip it down to the frame in order to understand this paticular bike better. and i just wondered if any one had some useful facts about the Zaskar GT 1996. :D

What don't you understand about the full bike? :)

Some basic part sizes are:

73mm Bottom Bracket Shell
1 1/8" Headset
27.0mm Seatpost Diameter
31.8mm Front Mech Clamp

Everything else is pretty much standard stuff. I presume you've confirmed it's a 1996 from the serial number on the dropout?

Scans of the GT catalogues can be found on the following site, but the 1996 one is a poor quality scan and in German :LOL:

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/html/gt.html

Oh, and we'll need pictures of course!

Tallpaul":1modnerf said:
Munky0Fresh":1modnerf said:

What don't you understand about the full bike? :)

Some basic part sizes are:

73mm Bottom Bracket Shell
1 1/8" Headset
27.0mm Seatpost Diameter
31.8mm Front Mech Clamp

Everything else is pretty much standard stuff. I presume you've confirmed it's a 1996 from the serial number on the dropout?

Scans of the GT catalogues can be found on the following site, but the 1996 one is a poor quality scan and in German :LOL:

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/html/gt.html

Oh, and we'll need pictures of course!

Thanks for the link dude :D and what i mean by understanding it is, im new to the whole "building and maintaining your own bike" scene so i just want to soak up a few facts about my new bike :) and yeah i confirmed the date it was welded by the serial number on the dropout. in point of fact it was welded November 1996 lol :D

Hi

Dont wish to highjack the thread but can anyone tell me which sram x9 front derailleur I should use (top pull, bottom pull etc)?

Back