Freakin seatpost keeps droppin

bigdavevw

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi geeza,s got a wee problem with my seat post dropping down everytime i go out on the bike near enough. The post is an Easton ec70, and is pretty clean, ie not greased. The clamp is not a QR type, i have heard that you shouldn,t over tighten carbon stuff so i tighten it the same as i used to tighten my old ea5o post.

how can i fix this?

cheers
dave :cool:

Yea sith just sent me a link to the stuff, thats mad anti slip grease :LOL:
cheers guys its a pain in the ring when im always adjusting it :cool:

I had the same problem with my EC70 post, no matter how tight I tightened the clamp. I eventually sold it and bought a Thomson. Problem solved.

Of course, I didn't know about Pace's carbon-specific lube at the time, so that might work. Tacx makes a version of it as well that has worked well for me so far. Ritchey makes one but I haven't tried it:

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=A0083

Dump the post. Problem solved. :LOL:

I never felt comfy with the idea of a carbon post down there under my grapes. :shock: Obviously I'm only basing this on gut reaction, but hey. Thomson posts don't weigh THAT much! :cool:

pleased i found this thread = i have the same problem with the same post!

Hey Dave, if ya want, shoot me your address and I'll send a wee bit of the Pace grippy grease up to you in a sealed bag, save you buying a whole pot.

Back