Am I in the right place?

igm

Retro Newbie
I've been sent over here from STW. I've got a load of mid 90s stuff in the garage, mainly in good working order, and I'd like it to go to new homes. I have no real idea if it has any value.

However before I slap it on the classifieds on my first day as a member (which seems rude) I thought I'd ask if it is the sort of stuff that would go down well here and if there are any pointers to good and bad form when sticking stuff up for sale (or just take it off my hands in the odd case).
Eg do I post pictures (and how - and I may need to do some cleaning and polishing), send pictures, include delivery in prices?

I have
an Orange P7 with the Orange rigid fork it came with (1st of the 5 piece ones if that makes sense), a much rebuild STX headset (which works, but...), the UN52 (I think) BB which is original but still seems in reasonable nick, STX RC cranks with oft replaced big ring and quill stem (SK8?). The frame was originally bought from Stif (I may have the receipt) in 1995, but was replaced under warranty in either 1966 or 1997 (it was a long time ago).

I also have a set of Pace MXCDs (the last of the elastomer forks) with a 1&1/8" threadless and a set of the original Pace coil forks that followed the MXCD (MXCD Evo? something like that) with a 1" threaded steerer plus there is an used and uncut 1&1/8" steerer as a spare. The oil damping cartridge in the coil forks doesn't seem to do much any more but I'm not sure it ever did.

Finally are STX RC, canti and 7 speed STIs just junk? And how about XT, V and 8 speed STIs?

For the people who want to know that I am real, I have been posting complete drivel on STW for ages - same log in name.

Iain

people here want that stuff, so you're on the right forum

it's all fairly common kit - take a peek in for sale to see values :)

there will be people who want the STX-RC stuff even for back-to-factory restos and for hack bikes

Ditto we all buy stuff we dont need on here post it up.

Photos help - not too difficult to add them.

Up to you if you include postage in the price. I would just recommend to specify before you post if it does and you're more likely to get a sale if you offer to post.

Welcome to the site :cool:

Welcome, the only rules to be aware of is that all items must have a price attached to them, threads without prices will be locked.

As for trying to figure out values, theres the "how much is my XYZ worth thread" which tbh isnt that useful, best bet is to dig through the forsale forum and check prices of similar items.

As a starter RC35's depending on model and condition tend to fetch between £50 for functional condition forks & £100 if they are spotless new old stock.

Thanks - nice to be welcomed. I've read the rules on the sales forum too now so they'll be on in a day or two.

Iain

Latest posts

Back