Hi I'm new here - What exactly is my bike?

AdamAsh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi there Retro Bikers...

I've been looking at the forum for a few weeks now and have finally persuaded a mate at work to sell me his Kona Hahanna which has been sat in the corner at work for as long as I can remember..

I know its an early 90's model and its pretty mint.. It even has the original tryes on it I believe and they are in great nick, even the chainguard has only a few nicks in it.

It has Race Lite stickers on it, I dont know what significance they hold..

I think it needs a new BB but I dont know what size or what my options are, if anyone can help me out with some info, I'll really appreciate it.

Also what type of suspension forks could be fitted to this bike if get round to it?

Heres a couple of pictures of the bike, not the best as taken on my iphone which hasn't got the best camera!

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Thanks for any help & information.

Adam

:D [/img]

1996 hahanna. looks tidy. was bottom of the range, but still a pretty nice cromo butted frame

With the model and the year you look the bike up at the bikepedia website. Even a bottom of the range Kona is a nice bike to have - their low wasn't *that* low, and that frame geometry was common across their range and still widely copied.

Wow thanks for the rapid reply. I only gave £30 for the bike so it's got potential I think.

Thanks for the bb size, what options do I have for a cheap replacement? Is that a common size?

Thanks again

Adam

a shimano UN54 will be the most easily available, should last well be smooth.

Thanks CCE... they seem a fair price so I think I'll be getting me one of those

Expect many more questions haha

Adam

AdamAsh":1653x73f said:
Wow thanks for the rapid reply. I only gave £30 for the bike so it's got potential I think.

That's a hell of a good deal. A modern cromo frame can easily cost you £300 - and they can last forever.

tidy hahanna frames can easily make 50 on the bay so you have done very well indeed

That's a really cool bike you got there.

And for 30 quid too!

Show us some more pics when you've cleaned it up n' that, on Readers MTBs or whatever, please.

Back