Anyone used a courier service?

JS1500

Senior Retro Guru
Has anyone used a courier service to collect a bike from one part of the country and drop it off at their doorstep?

It seems like quotes can vary a lot based on weight, size and company used.

I'm just wondering if any of you have any tips or can recommend a particular courier service which is best suited to bikes?

Thanks folks!
:D

Mail boxes etc.

Very good, you pack the bike your self and they ship.

Specialized Big Hit complete bike, £23
Bontrager privateer frame, £11
Pair of wheels, £7.50

No complaints!

^^^ Cheers.

The problem is that i'm not sure if the seller can be arsed boxing up the bike!
I'm assuming a courier wouldn't be happy taking it as is...
:?:

I use parcelforce a lot .

£13 for a fame delivered in 48 hours .

Parcel2go is cheaper but they are not very reliable . you need to be at home all day , whereas parcelforce you can choose a time slot of 4 hours .

But the bike or bits need to be boxed up .

^^^ Thanks.

I was just looking at Parcel2Go - I can arrange for someone to be in all day so that's no problem.

I was also just looking on the ParcelForce website. I assume they collect from a given address and the package doesn't need to be taken to a depot? I couldn't find any details.
:)

when looking for prices for these couriers I always get stumped by the volumetric dimensions where weight, length,height and width are combined into a single figure which if too high (as most bikes boxed up tend to be) means you're scuppered :cry:

^^^ Exactly!

I guess it would help if I knew the length, width and height of the bike if/when boxed, but the seller is being slow answering emails!

Thanks for your help folks.

Back