Let's see some old school full-suspenion setups

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
most of the bikes poted up so far have been either rigid or front suspension.... let's see some old scholl full-sussers.

Salsa El Kaboing

I have a NOS Salsa El Kaboing, its not going to look anything like this, but you get the picture....

ya90n7.jpg

Here's my ten year old Turner Burner. Oh I know the bits hung on the frame are hardly retro, but it works as well or better than many modern suspension bikes so I just keep upgrading as parts break and keep on riding it as my everyday scoot.

SITS0502.jpg

The last part to be replaced was the Fox Alps 4R rear shock (I must post a picture for you) which has chewed it's seals and can no longer be serviced.

Not sure if the Roox XC cranks count as retro - they are machined clunky and horrible.

1996 Turner Twin Burner

Does 9 year old count as retro?

If so I hope you like this:

tandem.jpg

Turner Twin Burner tandem built for the '96 Interbike show in Vegas.

Frame and drivetrain (Cook Bros E-Cranks!) are original.

There's a lot of '97 parts on there:
Boxxers (replacing Mr Dirt inverted forks).
Hope C2's replacing Magura hydraulics.
Velocity Aeroheat rims (not seen in this shot where we're running a test pair of Alexi tubeless rims from '99).

The Profile riser bars are from '97.

Raced NEMBA Downhills and XC on this beauty, and managed not to come last in either category.

The ALPS 4R on the rear has between 250 and 300 psi in there for downhilling.

Re: 1996 Turner Twin Burner

Cool pair (or does it count a three ;) ) Turners.

Nick 32sixteen":2g2bupf4 said:
Does 9 year old count as retro?

Raced NEMBA Downhills and XC on this beauty, and managed not to come last in either category.

9 years is retro I'd say. Can't believe you (and a friend I assume) raced Nemba's on it. Surely with two you should've won :D

More Turners

Just been outdone in the retro Turner stakes by Matt 2.4. Here's his '95 Burner (may even be '94).

Main differences are at the back. This design uses a simlpe BB shell and separate lower shock mount welded between seat and down tubes. This was replaced in '96 (possibly '95) with the one piece machined BB shell/shock mount. This design was also used on early Konas and reintroduced by Turner on the Nitrous.

The swingarm is less curvy, while the rocker arm is more curvy.

Love the overkill extra gussets at the front.

The major difference between this and modern Turners (until the Horst link gets dropped next year) is the rocker pivot placement - behind the seat tube instead of in front.

turner_dscf0973_750.jpg

14 years old

The latest addition to my stable..........14 years old........

118_1829.jpg

1991 Proflex 750 with XC comp, Dia compe 986 & advantage 5's
little bit beaten up so gonna need a tidy before some proper photo's, but the basics are there and pretty much all original .

PS dont tell the missus ;)

Nice Turner. It is retro yet looks current - only really the Hope (?) torsion arm for the disk brake gives it away.

Nice pro-flex retrobikeguy :D , looks in original condition. Was that an ebay purchase ?

Back