Grrrrr... Flippin old bikes!!! (LTS content)

fingers

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone got any ideas - I bought an LTS DH frame recently, just attempting a strip down, to discover, wahey, the old BB is jammed solid in there... Currently soaking in WD 40...

Any tips on removal??

I have also discovered my bearing kits shipped from the US dont fit either LTS I own too... grrrr :evil:

Im thinking I might just keep it in a box in case i ever break the stays on my LTS 1...

Heat up the steel BB - mind it will have an "anti-clock-way" thread probably
➡️ I made that mistake - I then put a long tube "old bars" on the end of the crank tool for torkkkk - it will snap loose with some leverage.

Good luck...

Stephan

;) make sure you're turning it the correct direction
I know thats unlikely but i just had to say

A way of helping to loosen nuts/bolts/screws,is to tighten them slightly[if possible of course]
and be careful of the other tubes if youre clamping it at all

Easiest way to remember is that you turn the spanner towards the front wheel to loosen and towards the back to tighten. This only works with standard BBs not strange stuff like Italian things. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Xesh":2o18db9p said:
Easiest way to remember is that you turn the spanner towards the front wheel to loosen and towards the back to tighten. This only works with standard BBs not strange stuff like Italian things. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Doesnt that depend on if youre at the top of the spindle or below...

fingers":1gnej1ch said:
Xesh":1gnej1ch said:

Doesnt that depend on if youre at the top of the spindle or below...

are you actually joking?

Back