Who owns (or has owned) their dream bike?

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
As many will know, I finally made it last year when I bagged my Zaskar LE :cool:

So who on here owns, or has owned, their dream bikes?

Pics of course please!

My Parkpre Pro Image, perfect in every way. Lusted after one for a while after reading the magazine reviews, the opportunity arose to get the very same bike that was featured in the magazine - MTB Pro.

pro-image-015.jpg

Funny this thread is up, I was just thinking about my dream bike from about 93/94, I can't remember what it was but can vividly remember the frame and logo - Would it have been a De Kerf? (having just seen a photo of an old frame the Logo looks familier), anyway, not sure but one day I will own it..

Many bikes I've owned have been my dream bike - at that time... 1988-1992-93 I had a GT Avalance, then a Rocky Mountain Altitude, a Yeti Ultimate, a no-name Easton Alu frame (*), and last a Salsa Ala Carte... My closest friends at the time had about the same as we often traded frames (and parts) when we got tired of them, hehe...

(*) Imported by a local skateshop to sold under their own brand. Strangely enough it had an ahead fork/stem which seem early for 1992...

My dreams were quite modest, anything out of the 1994 Kona catalogue would have done :?

Oddly, since realising that old bikes were easily purchased at a fraction of their RRP, a 1994 is one of the few I haven't owned:

1992 Lava Dome
1993 Explosif
1996 Lava Dome
1996 Hot
1997 Hei Hei
1998 Lava Dome

Of all these, it's the 1992 Lava Dome that I've built to my dream spec - full M900, Syncros etc. That frame doesn't do the parts justice so they'll soon be transferred to a fully restored 1993 Explosif frame - that'll be as close to my dream bike as I think I'm gonna get :)

Yep, owned my Klein Attitude Team USA.

Currently riding the close second, my Pace.

:D :cool:

Attachments

• pace.jpg
    pace.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 2,672
  • tude.jpg
    tude.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,672
I own mine and have done for many many many years.
It's not in the same guise it was many years ago, but currently in its modern work horse gear to get it riding. (sans back wheel now :roll: )
Subject to change clothes at any time.
Few things have altered since this, but not much to make a difference in looks.

Attachments

• P1010366 - shrank.jpg
    P1010366 - shrank.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 2,667
  • P1010373 - shrank.jpg
    P1010373 - shrank.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 2,667
I guess my 1990 Klein Attitude since the first moment I unpacked one at the shop I was working at in 1990.

But, I just acquired my modern, kinda, dream bike. 2001 Dekerf Solitaire.
It is going to be a sweet build. Just orderd a fork from Dekerf so I have to wait about 6 weeks to build but I have waited longer for the frame.:)

Attachments

• IMG_1008_1.JPG
    IMG_1008_1.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 2,658
  • IMG_0640_1.JPG
    IMG_0640_1.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 2,658
My Fats were bikes I day dreamed about.

Then there was a bike I never saw in person or knew much about- it would become the new dream bike since I already aquired the Fats.

Now, I've recently acquired the new dream bike, and I don't think there are any other bikes I'll be dreaming about, unless I'm dreaming of my own bikes while at work...

ok ok, here it is:

WTB Phoenix Ti
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Back