Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:59 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:54 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Owned two dream bikes, first is the GT LTS DH i bought eight years ago, advertised localy in the free adds paper :lol: , wanted one since watching Mike King and Nico racing them in the mid 90's

Second is the Manitou FS, wanted one since looking at a new one for sale as a frame kit around 94 in a bike shop called Dales in Glasgow, the guy behind the counter held it up and i asked him the price £2495.99 he said, i was a student at the time with £1.50 in my pocket :lol:

I'll never sell the LTS but the Manitou is gone :( , at least i owned it and have some pics, still other dream bikes i'd like, Klein Attitude/Adroit, Jellybean Salsa-a-la-carte among others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:16 pm 
Retro Guru

I own two of my dream bikes, '92 Xizang and '95 FSR S-Works. Ah, the influence of sponsored riders... Juli, Ned and Jason in this case...

I currently lust after a Rolhoff equipped Thorn from SJS Cycles, and would love to try a Mountain Goat R.A.D. geometry or some other super-retro steel exotica.

Dr. Matt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:39 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

I must say no at the moment as the three that really stand out would have to be an early 90's Muddyfox Limited Edition with a Tange Prestige Frame (finished in chip proof satin black) with Deore DX Group set. The other with have to be the Raleigh Team Edition Lightweight with the 531 handbuilt frame and XCD6000 groupset. The other I can't remember the name of :oops: but it was based around a Columbus Max-Or frame and XT but with some choice components shaving the weight down to about 24.5lbs.
I was never drawn to the exotic metal that some were just loved the craftsmanship of a highend Steel frame.

Carl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:23 pm 
Retro Guru

I can't really remember what my dream bikes were. I know I wanted a kirk at one point, and i thought the square tubed paces were pretty cool.

Having owned an explosif and a hot I've probably gone beyond what i wanted, not sure I was even really aware the Hot existed.

Now I'd love to try a ti frame, maybe hei hei. Love the look of serotta's, but maybe my next frame will be a custom, a bohemian or a groovy, something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:07 pm 
Retro Guru

Mountain Goat Whiskey Town Racer.

Was reviewed in a mag BITD, twas green and orange with colour matched Mags and stem. Nice....

Or, a Nishiki Alien with the elavated chain stays, in white.

I've got neither.... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:42 pm 
Old School Grand Master

jimihendrix wrote:
Owned two dream bikes, first is the GT LTS DH i bought eight years ago, advertised localy in the free adds paper :lol: , wanted one since watching Mike King and Nico racing them in the mid 90's

Second is the Manitou FS, wanted one since looking at a new one for sale as a frame kit around 94 in a bike shop called Dales in Glasgow, the guy behind the counter held it up and i asked him the price £2495.99 he said, i was a student at the time with £1.50 in my pocket :lol:

I'll never sell the LTS but the Manitou is gone :( , at least i owned it and have some pics, still other dream bikes i'd like, Klein Attitude/Adroit, Jellybean Salsa-a-la-carte among others.

The LTS looks great

I was thinking of giving up with mine,
but on seeing that, maybe Ill keep on with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:01 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

I suppose i have in some ways :?
Always wanted a Ti bike and always wanted CK wheels
Have both now
----
Many moons ago there was a ti bike in the window of my LBS,it was a customers bike and was about the most expensive bike around @ that time
Really cannot remember what the frame was,but the rest was XT with kore bits ,CK headset and wheels
I suppose thats why i built mine XT groupo with kore bits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:25 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

yes but have only 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:28 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:47 am 
Retro Guru

I guess I ended up with three of my dream bikes from BITD. Firstly, the RTS & LTS the latest high-tech offerings from The bike company I invested my hard-earned in with the '80 Avalanche. And secondly, the DBR team issue Axis from '86. The bike Cadel rode when he was a local MTB hero. As always, no pics = no bike....

Attachments:
lts.JPG
lts.JPG [ 119.83 KiB | Viewed 1064 times ]
RTS.JPG
RTS.JPG [ 122.51 KiB | Viewed 1064 times ]
dbr.GIF
dbr.GIF [ 106.84 KiB | Viewed 1064 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next