retro bike spotted today.

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
saw some fella ride an rts3 with complete original parts today...yellow quadras i thinks ...even had a daves chain device on the back.....what did any one else see? :D

Caught a fleeting glimpse of a guy as he rode past on a 'more modern' Yeti, and may have been wearing a black/grey Retrobike jersey.

Instow,N.Devon.

Saw a guy on what looked like a grimy Yeti Ultimate squeeking across the end of a road in Malton a couple of weeks ago. He was out of sight by the time I got to the turning. :(

Well, it wasn't strictly today, but a week or so ago, on the same day, I saw a scruffy old guy riding an early Orange Clockwork (black frame, orange decals, original bars, stem, post and Manitou Comps)

And it got better - About an hour later, as I was on my way home, I saw ANOTHER scruffy bloke (matted together hair and everything) on an original Manitou Hardtail! It was a little bit "unloved" but it had some LOVELY Manitou 2s on it. I didn't get chance to see what other kit it had on it - I think if I'd looked at it for too long I would have had a happy trouser accident :LOL:

Saw a '92/3 Marin Muirwoods (the one with the yellow rear triangle and black front end) that seemed to be original, except the owner had ruined it by fitting the mango coloured Manitous from the late '90s. :roll:

couple of weeks back I was driving home through one of the more dubious parts of bradford (and there are plenty of these :D ) and i saw some chavvy dole scutter on a mint RTS riding down the pavement..bleeding gutted i was.

I put this collection of classic bikes in workaday settings on MTBR, but this seems like a good thread to leave them in here.

Someone in Durango uses this Nishiki Alien for a town bike.

Alien_3.jpg

Alien_2.jpg

Back