Retro brake question

flash

Retrobike Rider
I've got what I think is a Overbury Pioneer. When I loose assembled it I noticed the rear canti mounts are above the level of the rims, unlike the forks and other frames I have. Does anyone know what brake will fit, a mate suggested they could origionally had a hydraulic rim brake system. Any help appreciated.............

flash":1ibrlb6l said:
I've got what I think is a Overbury Pioneer. When I loose assembled it I noticed the rear canti mounts are above the level of the rims, unlike the forks and other frames I have. Does anyone know what brake will fit, a mate suggested they could origionally had a hydraulic rim brake system. Any help appreciated.............
U-brake mounts... Try to get a hold of a cambrake perhaps? :D

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/_borders/HamBrake1.jpg

Yeah, they do sound like u-brake mounts. Are there location holes for the brake springs? If not, it is almost certainly a u-brake.

SP

ebay or the for sale pages on this site is a good start. Out of preference I'd choose a brake with a brace that is part of the design. A few Shimano models have this, even the low-end ones.

SP

Shame you didn't have this a couple of months back, I had a nice XT U-brake! (went cheap at the jumble). As far as I know, all the BMX ones should fit the same; probably got one, let me know if you want it.

Hi Cab,

If you have one, please let me know. Hwe is also having a look. I'm going to cobble a V brake on the front for now just to try it, then dismantle it and get trackends added and powder coating or spraying. You haven't got a pair of 1" threaded MTB forks you want to flog, the Rreba's on their have 1 spring and an elasticator missing. (I prefer rigid, anyway)

Cheers

Pete

Hi Cab,

If you have one, please let me know. Hwe is also having a look. I'm going to cobble a V brake on the front for now just to try it, then dismantle it and get trackends added and powder coating or spraying. You haven't got a pair of 1" threaded MTB forks you want to flog, the Rreba's on their have 1 spring and an elasticator missing. (I prefer rigid, anyway)

Cheers

Pete

Back