BB axle advice

KeepItSteel

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hi everyone.

just after some advice, im finishing off my Kona KK build but am stuck with which BB to buy.
Firstly whats the axle length I need to buy? Ive never been able to work that out for some reason :oops: Its a 68mm BB shell and im using a Middleburn Duo chainset (ISIS).

Secondly, Ive always used Raceface Evolve XC bottom brackets and they have proven reliable for me, but does anyone have any other recommendations? I like the look of the new CrankBros bb's.

Im after strength mainly as im a heavy rider, but lightweight as much as is possible.

accidentaly posted this in the tioga disc drive thread for some reason..

so here it is now

Middleburn cranks are designed for 48mm chainline (aka 47.5mm... for shimano which is the same measurment, just to a different place.. ask Sheldon)

113 for a XC tripple would be needed and then increase from there if your frame gets in the way.
(info from here ;) http://www.middleburn.co.uk/tech_bblength.php )
double ? possible the same as it makes it easy and they moved where the spider sits.

Best bet would be to ask middleburn
matthew@middleburn.co.uk
Phone: 01420 520223
Fax: 01420 521142

Many thanks Fluff, ill give them a shout

Also, im after a pair of canti brake bosses for my recently aquired Fox RLC fork.
Ive tried all the big websites and Ebay with every name combination I can think of (bosses / canti studs etc) but have only found these for sale at chainreaction:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=32901

they are pricey but beggars cant be choosers I guess!
My question, will these fit all frames and not just Cove? (chainreaction appear to have removed the option to ask them a question)
Also, do I need to be concerned about different lengths to fit different forks?

I found 1 old one in my toolbox...but not much good on its own!
Sorry for all the questions.....

i did indeed, they look great.
I'll post a pic soon. Problem is I cant find canti bosses for sale anywhere!

yeah, last time I needed some my LBS gave me a pair for nowt.
Will go on a LBS tour soon and see what I can find, unless there is a king sould here somewhere who can help out? :)

Back