Freewheels...

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
Does anyone know of a UK source for the Shimano MF-HG37 freewheel?

This is a 7 speed freewheel (also possibly referred to by FW722) with a spread of:

13-15-17-19-21-24-28

There are plenty around with 14-28, but importantly this has a 13 tooth high gear.

They are available on Sheldon's site, but I would prefer to get one from the UK if possible to avoid the high postage.

Can anyone help please? I have scoured the usual suspect spots, but to no avail...

Cheers all,
BB.

It might be worth asking a real shop that's been around a long time. Sadly, freewheels are pretty much a dead technology now. :(

I know Chris mate.

This is one that Shimano have recently released - think it might be part of the 'Tourney' range of touring-bike-orientated bits?

Have asked in all my local bike shops, but none have them.

They have all looked on the importers websites too, but they only show 14 highs on the system.

They are definitely available new, so was just hoping someone knew of a shop with the foresight to have ordered them in...!

Any shop with half a brain would NOT buy freewheels with 13T top, as the casual cyclists that ride round in top gear on cheap bikes would be even more likely to bend the axle than they are already....

Good damage control I'd say.....

Thanks mate.

I had seen those on the SB site, but thought them a bit more expensive than I needed.

However they do look rather nice, and are available in the UK at least, so I will leave it a couple of days and probably take the plunge for one.

How much! :shock:
Still, at least we can't complain about quality freewheels not being available.

Back