Newbie - GT owner

roryGT

Retro Newbie
Just stumbled across this forum, and have been enjoying the galleries for the pre 1997 bikes. I thought I should introduce myself. I own a 1996 GT Tequesta, which I have had from new, just recently removed it from the shed and gave it a quick once over before riding. She rides like the day she was bought and although I get some odd looks form people who question just how you ride with no front suspension, I cant beat it.

I plan on keeping the Tequesta, but also considering buying a new more up to date bike. I thought I’d do some research (been off the scene for 10 years). I thought I’d look up the weight of my 13 year old bike, and compare it to current bikes on sale (albeit with front shocks) and nothing much seems to have changed….I was looking into the new commencal range and they seem, to all be around the 13kg mark. Assuming google is correct my bike is also 13kg so its not much of a leap forward.

Anyone have any opinions on the commencal combi deluxe model?

I’ll get some pics up of my retrobike in the gallery soon, it’s a beautiful champagne silver colour.

rory

I just bought a titanium Dyna-Tech frame for £55. Beat that with a new bike!
Welcome to the forum.

cheers guys....i'm very happy with my bike, but i feel when i decide to venture further off road i may need some shocks. hence the new MTB.

the tequesta will then be converted for urban use (when i dont want the new bike nicked) can anyone suggest good compromise tires between track gravel and tarmac?? my downhill tyres are killing my legs on the flats

Back