Dyna tech conundrum

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
So I've just agreed to buy this:

Picture084.jpg

What should it look like?

I have to confess, I'm probably going to build it up as a Singlespeed with the bits I have, because that's what I like riding, but if I see a picture of one built up all period correct you never know! I might end up inspired.

Full Deore DX with thumbshifters as above. Russell is probably your man to ask he rode a beautiful one of these with white Mag 20's on at Mayhem. You got a real bargain with that one, they ride and look fantastic.

Well, it is definitely mine now!
Would it be wrong to use rigid forks with this? I don't really know about suspension, it leaves me cold. :oops:
Do you think the Spinner forks from my Karakoram would look alright on it?
DSCN0284.jpg

Those could look great if you can match the colour to the frame. They don't look too different from the originals. But rigid will work great on it.

2008_1224Raleigh0063.jpg

I'll fit the rigid forks, and if I like the frame I might get them refinished.
Watch this space. ;)

It was originally specced with rigid forks, but they would have been straight, not curved blades.

Here's an appalling pic of mine with the Mags fitted and the original forks by its side. Might offer you some inspiration? :)

9763795a11093225550l.jpg

Yeah the original forks were straight blades and used Reynolds tubes I believe, -but many of the Chromoly-framed Dynatechs had curved Spinners, so they should be fine. The original forks might have been slightly longer, 'suspension corrected' by this time, as there'd been a couple of suzzie models in the range since '93.

Back