Final touch - bar ends - yes or no?

Old Fisher

Old School Hero
Nearly finished changing my Fisher Celerity from being 90's chic with it's Flexstem and Gripshift to a simple steel singlespeed. (pics once complete)

Just a bit of feedback required. Fitted Club Roost bars and some Odi attack grips are waiting to join the party. My question is should I go with bar ends or not?

I have some polished Onza alu L bend versions that are ready to go on but I am unsure. I prefer the clean look without but at the same time enjoy using the bar ends when riding. Function over form?

What would you guys do?

Nothing wrong with barends :cool: ,they are a period detail after all.
They can look bad however if you get those extra big affairs[my personal taste is stumpies]

As long as you abide by rule No.251 in the retro bikes guide.

Riser bars and barends must never be served together.

Then they will look great.

BTW rule No.252
Scott AT4 and Girvin Flexstem should never be paired

As my top lip found out when the bolt snapped and sent the Scott logo at high speed into my face. (Also pulling on the front brake) :shock:

I remember those Scott bars. I had them on my Supercalibre for a while.

I have taken the Flexstem off (going to sell it) and put the original stem back on.

I prefer the clean look without but at the same time enjoy using the bar ends when riding. Function over form? What would you guys do?[/quote said:
if you prefer using them, then go right ahead.

I feel if a bike gets alot of use then it should be set up to make it feel just right and comfortable. If you barely use it, then make it look A1 instead

Don't listen to them...nothing wrong with bar end on risers....as long as the bar ends are pointing to the sky and have the weekly shop hanging from them :D

Back