Why can't people be bothered to post frames /bikes on e-bay?

danpiero

Retrobike Rider
Dave Yates Fan
I don't know if anyone had been watching the Orange Aluminium Elite Frame on E-bay . It had original Manitou forks ,cranks ,F & R mechs gripshits brakes , stem and mavic headset so pretty much a complete bike . it said no postage so i enquired if he was willing to send it but pretty much said he couldn't be bothered to parcel it up . i was ready to bid up to about £150 for it . It went for £41.00 which i think is a bargain and am slightly gutted . i think he has missed out big time . Has anyone else had this happen before ?

i know, i bought it....... for the forks!
see my post about nottingham. i will pick it up if i have to, but i'm abit closer then torquay mate.

fooks me right off when i state very clearly and in very large font no postage . then having to spend ages going through all the messages that think they are the sole person to ask " oh will you send it ? "

if i was going to send it id not have made it so clear i wasnt willing to :x

couldnt you have got a train ticket for £100 ? rent a van ? got a mate to drive ?

perry":11xdz4ap said:
couldnt you have got a train ticket for £100 ? rent a van ? got a mate to drive ?

I'm sure he could. But the ticket might cost him £60, and the journey might be 6 hours each way. And don't forget to add taxi money - say another £20. So this adds up to being "paid" £20 for a full day of hassle.

Otoh, the seller in this case have spent 10 minutes putting something a box and maybe made three times as much money.

Not doing the first is pretty understandable. Not doing the second - less so. Much, much less so.

It also takes time to
a) get a bike box
b) get bubble wrap
c) setup bike ready for transport
d) box it all up nicely
e) arrange someone to come pick it up so it can get delivered (wait around for it to get collected). Not everyone lives next door to a courier service

Much easier for a lot of people who just want ride and a few buck in the pocket.

£100 of his time might not be worth all that hassle.
:LOL:

PurpleFrog":hadm982y said:
perry":hadm982y said:

I'm sure he could. But the ticket might cost him £60, and the journey might be 6 hours each way. And don't forget to add taxi money - say another £20. So this adds up to being "paid" £20 for a full day of hassle.

Otoh, the seller in this case have spent 10 minutes putting something a box and maybe made three times as much money.

Not doing the first is pretty understandable. Not doing the second - less so. Much, much less so.

Yup, retrobikin' is all about the benjamins baby. :roll:

I hate wrapping bikes up up - too many bendy sticky outy bits.

So, today, for the princely sum of £15 I made the 220 mile round trip to a very lovely Buxton and back.

Very nice it was too.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Those are the breaks. If you are prepared to put in the effort in you can still find a good bargain on fleabay.

Always take extra cash with you, they may have other bargainous stuff around that they will part with.

Latest posts

Back