suntour NOS stuff

novekili

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just found out that a little shop in my town is LOADED with Suntour stuff. Bought a pair of XC expert 8 speed thumbies (I didn't even know Suntour produced 8s thumbies) for 50 Euros, 35 Pounds. Do you think it's a good deal?
Another question: at the moment I'm running the thumbies friction mode with a 9 speed cogset. Do you think they would work in the index mode with an 8 Speed Shimano cogset?

Nove,

If you'd bought his whole inventory of Suntour stuff you probably could have had the thumbies for less.

I've used 8spd XC Pro thumbies with shimano 8spd stuff since since 95 when my explosif came with them. Works brilliantly.

THANX.. i'll try with 8 speed, then ;)

Yes, STEW-B I guess they have cage pedals by suntour.

Dear ELEV12K, i might have saved on my thumbies, but I would have had to buy a new girlfriend. Far more expernsive :evil:

can you see how much they want for xc compe or pro pedals if you are passing by again :) thanks

stew-b said:
can you see how much they want for xc compe or pro pedals if you are passing by again :) thanks

I will, even if they might charge a bit for shipping, you know, I live in Italy.... If you could find someone else who needs other stuff you might save. BTW, I'll let you know next week. ;)

jez-2-many-bikes said:
Im after a neat Suntour XC pro Microdrive front mech in 31.8 flavour? Anyone?

I'll ask for it. I'll let you all know tomorrow night. the only problem is the shipping, but as I told you you might share the costs. I'll ask the shop owner how much it is, though.

Back