What to do with a slightly broken 1990 cinder cone frame?

bunchofjunk

Dirt Disciple
I have a 1990 Cindercone frame, cracked (1cm hairline) at the bb seat tube join and again at the chainstay support just behind the bb. Is it worth brazing this back to life, maybe a small weld with the mig or just retire it and buy the cindercone frame on ebay? (maybe not for £80 though)

Your thought's appreciated.

Chris

If it's a weld failure you should be able to get it repaired, if it's cracks in tubes then you should really get the tubes replaced. Don't see that being economical though unless the frame means a lot to you. :(

Thanks,

The frame doesn't mean that much to me as it was a hand me down and i was too young to remember them really. I have recently been after a gold Cindercone as it was, i think, that model from the '96 catalogue i lusted after while scooting around on an old raleigh. I'm really after any kona from about '94 to '96 though.

chris

Has it got a splatter paint job?
I will give you some beer money for it to hang on my wall if so and you are going to throw it away.

Cheers.

spend £100 fixing it or hang it on the wall.

could build a turbo trainer bike out of it

Stick Legs":2wk856lf said:
Has it got a splatter paint job?
I will give you some beer money for it to hang on my wall if so and you are going to throw it away.

Cheers.

I was going to say the same thing....

Back