Oldschool Downhill Video

That is pure class! I recognise that suspension and brakes have come a long way since those days but that 'downhill' would barely rate as a blue trail these days.

Absolutely hilarious... :LOL:

Were we really such bad riders in those days? Did wheels just crumple more easily back then? Why did we wear those clothes? Are German riders all built like brick out houses? Didn't anyone pre-ride the course?

Evolution demands that we need answers!

Mr K

Sweet.

Proof that elastomer forks were just heavier rigid forks! :shock:

Some comical dismounts :LOL: :LOL:

Does make me wonder why I have chosen canti brakes for my current build :? :shock: :LOL:

Bring back the neon......

mrkawasaki":1uxmz4ij said:
Were we really such bad riders in those days? Did wheels just crumple more easily back then? Why did we wear those clothes? Are German riders all built like brick out houses? Didn't anyone pre-ride the course?

Yes
Yes
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Yes
No

Brings back memories of racing fully rigid with a high seat, cantis, toe straps and wondering why I couldn't stay on the bike/stop. In my madness I really wanted bar ends too, glad my Mum banned them as to dangerous. Haha. :LOL:

My old Dainese full body suit is blue with glitter in the pads and neon pink accents and they said XC was gay.

PMSL, I don't remember being that bad, but I probably was, although at least I did put my seat right down.

Pre ride the course? that wasn't allowed in the races I did, we could walk it if we got there early enough, but that never happened.

The track maybe a blue nowadays but 35-40 mph on a rigid on that isn't far off the speed the full sussers currently do in a race. I don't think many Downhillers run a 50/11 set up anymore, but that is probably a good thing :).

Back