• Radial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 Cross

• Snowflake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pre-suspension, nobody was riding anything other than 3X.

Snowflake is horrible IMHO. But no accounting for taste.

Radial? There aren't many of those hubs around. It'd be a shame if there were one less due to broken flanges.

You could consider 2X... Still slightly off-center, but still within the realms of common sense.

traditional 3 X been used for years before and will be in the future :cool: for one reason. it works

I really though the radial or snowflake would be streaks ahead by now. :shock:

How wrong could I be. :roll:

If it helps even out any doubt of strength. This hub has been built and raced in all 3 format of lacing. The flanges are more than strong enough for radial. so I have no fear of ruining a good old hub.
I'm not overly keen on Snowflake (though it did look the dogs danglies BITD) and 3 cross is a little straight laced for a Pace. Pardon the pun.

Check out the pictures of it from 1999. This is how I remember it at its best.(Not the best piccies I'm affraid) ;)

Attachments

• Pace RC100 2.jpg
    Pace RC100 2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,487
  • Pace RC100 3.jpg
    Pace RC100 3.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,487
I have a feeling that the team bikes of the time used a 2x front wheel. Personally I feel that snowflake was a thing of the time, but like snow washed denim, should be left there - however radial was (and always will be) a bit cooler than standard.

Problem is that a 36H radial starts to look a bit like those Flatland BMX wheels of the mid 90s and is a bit incongruous as 36h is built for strength, radial was built for lightweight and speed. I say go 2x!

Back