Bridgestone Question

absinthe52

Retro Newbie
Hello,
Originally from Boulder, Co...I have an old school MB3 which I would like to re-vamp. She still rides descent. Skips a lot when changing gears. Anyways...I want to know what chill upgrades I could give her to make he a little more contemporary but still keep that old school feel. Any thoughts on the on-one Mary? Suggestions are welcome as I am new to Bicycle Mods.
Thanks a lot,
Matt

some will say:

'mod it with period parts'

'mod it with new up to date parts'

'add a hatstand and chandelier'

'what the hell has LGF been smoking today???'

pic-0008.jpg

I wouldn't mined putting some shocks in as I have never tried them. I also figure I need a new derailer and that is needed since my chain constantly skips...

absinthe52":1xo40jjs said:
I wouldn't mined putting some shocks in as I have never tried them. I also figure I need a new derailer and that is needed since my chain constantly skips...

more likely worn cassette and chain

I put in a new chain last year, but have not been riding it for along time. What is the cassette and I guess if the chain is rusty it should be replaced yeah? Sorry for all the newb questions...

absinthe52":2itgecm1 said:
I put in a new chain last year, but have not been riding it for along time. What is the cassette and I guess if the chain is rusty it should be replaced yeah? Sorry for all the newb questions...

cassette:

SHIM_ULTEGRA_CASSETTE_10SP.jpg

I would avoid shocks like the plague; your frame wasn't designed for them.
What were the Bridgestone trademarks? It's important it has thumbshifters, Grant Petersen who designed it thought STI units were the devil's own invention.
If I were you, I'd take it to a shop, and ask them what cassette it needs, and buy it with a new chain and new cables. If they say "Well, it's rather old, why don't you trade it in for this lovely Trek?" laugh at them and walk out.
It will be transformed.
Any chance of a photo of this beast?

Of course...first time I've been asked for pics of my bike...she is very pleased indeed!!! It says the attachment is too big..any ideas of how to load them?

Back