Shockwaves of Nottingham

I visited the shop in it's new location recently. Not quite the treasure trove I recall from my previous trip in the very early 90s :(

Last time I went to the new Ssssssshokwave (last summer), the owner was packing up his own pale blue Bradbury Manitou frame and fork and sending it back to the states....

Mr K

When we went on our honeymoon, we purely coicidentally ended up staying at the same hotel that Shockwave was running its Mountain Beach holidays from.... Our bedroom was directly above their workshop - talk about a busman's holiday.

It was rude not to do some riding with them, but hell it got me in trouble with the missus.....

Not quite the treasure trove I recall from my previous trip in the very early 90s

That's a shame 'cos in the early 90's it really was the place to see the state of the art. Great shop, great bikes, great people, and a great pull on my wallet. Good that it has survived when many haven't.

dbmtb":k0tvq1fk said:
When we went on our honeymoon, we purely coicidentally ended up staying at the same hotel that Shockwave was running its Mountain Beach holidays from.... Our bedroom was directly above their workshop - talk about a busman's holiday.

It was rude not to do some riding with them, but hell it got me in trouble with the missus.....

:LOL: now that takes some balls to do :LOL:

Remember drooling over the Mountain Goat whisky town racers and team kliens, Good people with great knowledge.
Not been to the new shop yet maybe some day soon.

Seems to happen when shops upgrade. I prefered the old Stif (Leeds), Airevalley Cycles (Keighley), and All Terrain Cycles (Saltaire, prev Crosshills) to the new shops even though the new ones are bigger (except Airevalley) and better planned. :cry:

Back