The best bike bargain youve ever had? or just missed out on!

super swin

Retro Guru
We all have them, the bike or part that you paid peanuts for :D or standing directly behind the guy that just bought the bit you have been searching for, for most of your life :evil:

so what, when, where and why ;) think of it as therapy.
jon

I think the mint 3DV Paul cantilevers and brake levers, Grafton cable hangers, Ringle Twisters and H2O bottle cage all for sixty quid were pretty good!

Stu

Complete datatagged Proflex XP-8 incl Middleburn cranks, XT throughout, USE seatpost, Hope front hub, £100.

thwang was that the one that you bought as part of a pair, the other being a mongoose iboc :?: off the bay
as i missed out on that deal but bought the iboc later and am sure it was off yourself, small world the retro globe ;)

Oh, yes also Easton EC90 carbon seatpost 400mm retails £90, I got for £20.

Missed out on a lovely GTS LTS (forget which one) tricked out with Spin wheels and other stuff on Ebay a few months ago Buy It Now £350, by the time I thought I'll buy it for the wheels and sell it with standard wheels for the same price, somebody had a put a bid in and the Buy It Now was gone... went on to sell for £560... :cry:

Bought a mint, original Orange MsIsle off a mate a while back, with Pace RC37's and full XT for 250 quid. Sold it on eBay the next week for 550 and bought a Yo Eddy :cool:

Back