don't you just love gumtree ?

big.eck

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
got a couple of cheap bikes in the last couple of weeks.

1st is a gt avalanche which i got as a frame and have just finnished today with mostly lx parts....

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

and the second bike is a raleigh alaska which was almost complete........

IMG_1424.jpg

some cables and a chain and it'll be ready to use :D

:? Whats the disc protector thingy on the front?,ive never seen one of those before.
the raleigh looks very nice too.upgrade of parts on it?,or keeping it the same?
Its a nice shade of blue too :cool: .What are the tubes?

it's made by zefal , i've had it for years . it's meant to stop the disc getting scored by branches/stones just like some enduro motorbikes have.....

heres a better pic.....
IMG_1229.jpg

strangely enough i have ton's of blue bits lying around in the hut , but i quite like the raleigh the way it is , it even still has the leather inserted rear brake pads :D

Very nice
I love the old bits and add-ons you used to get,like the rainproof covers you use to get for you mechs,id love a pair of them :cool:

i just wish i could find one for a 225mm disc lol

not sure what the tubes on the raleigh are , it's defo steel and whats there is orignial , i like the way the reflector mounts still have the paint on them (it usaly cracks and falls off) i might just sell it on for what it owes me , havent decided yet....

The Raleigh will be hi tensile steel, the rear dropouts are of the type seen on the cheaper bikes.

If you decide to sell on the Raleigh, I'd be interested, I like blue collar bikes and it looks at least a 21" frame which is just large enough for me. I'm also localish to you being from Loanhead.

Cheers

Velo

Back