pace rc37s now sold

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
i have a pair of these i took of the sannie ...im not sure if i should keep them or flog em either here or scambay....suggestions please.

Attachments

• 13062009295.jpg
    13062009295.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 1,181
Just make sure those stanchions are pushed fully into the top crown against the circlips ;)

It looks[typically] like the spring side is'nt-note the positions of the shims within the lower crown. :shock:

it is mentioned in the sale.when i had them fitted i noted this as well so i had the stantions pushed all the way up.when you fit these forks you have to loosen the lower clamp and fit the bugger the reverse to normal forks .the shim was still slightly offset to the other leg even after the thing was adjusted.will give it another go in the morning to see if i can sort it.

Aah-it could be that the collar/shim itself has moved. You can reposition it by applying a bit of gentle heat to the collar and moving it up or down-I can give you a measurement from the top of the stanchion if you need it as I have the original setting tool.

turns out it was when the forks were fited before the cap that sits in the stantion had not seated properly and was stopping the leg from going all the way in the clamp.i spent the whole morning going over the forks and its now sorted..minus the usual skin loss of course.

ill pass that on to the new owner and if its ok ill pass on your id just incase he wants a good service sometime.. :cool:

Latest posts

Back