• Total voters

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
What would you do? Picked this up recently and I am undecided on how to build. The frame came with a groovy ho down fork which I like and suits the frame I feel but wouldn't really sit with a period build. So its a choice of build with a selection of modern and retro parts and try to maintain the feel of the bike or discard the fork and go for a total period build. Either way I think it will be staying rigid as I believe they're not great with sus. Theres no hurry to get this one together as I have a couple of other things to do first. Oh and only have the frame and fork.

3613620798_0e6a72743b_o.jpg

As the the frame is not 100% eg different forks. I'd mix and match

use whatever bits you like , just because something is modern doesnt mean it has to be any old shite slapped on it . with a bit of thought new bits wont look out of place

get rid of the forks (ugly anyway) and use the money to go period- Dr S's period correct fat was, dare I say it......wicked ;)

Close call so far, the forks are definitely a marmite thing.

Another pic of the fork(hope you don't mind me using your pics DrS)

3613039727_39aacfcc45_o.jpg

Kaiser, I love those forks, do not remove but if you do let me know, you owe me karma.

Old new build is the way to go, you like trail centres thus you need some kit that'll cope, anyway I like your individual build style, copying something authentically would be just like everyone else !

Cheers

Velo

Back