Recommend a Lacquer?

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
I removed a trashed decal on one of my frames and, having cleaned away the residual glue, i'm left with bare paint that I need to protect.

It's at the bottom of the seat-tube and is where I'll be clamping a lo-band front mech.

Can anyone recommend a durable lacquer I can use that is easy to apply to a very small area in a fiddly location?

Maybe an idea to fit the mech with a solid rust preventive grease under it?

Elev12k":wipcy45i said:
Maybe an idea to fit the mech with a solid rust preventive grease under it?

Perhaps, but the band of the mech won't completely cover the area of bare paint.

I'm just going to use the lacquer from my car paint touch-up kit. It's in an area that'll be obscured by the mech/chainset so I just want to ensure that mud etc. won't allow moisture to penetrate to the frame.

Spot of Hammerite. My boat, admittedly thicker steel but permanently damp, has its rust spots touched up with little more.

I'd go for a 2 pack
The type you mix with a hardener,plasti-coat make a pro-standard one for under £15[i think]
Made for spray ,brush or roller and it self levels ,giving a mirror finish.

Must agree with chris though ,the hammerite spray lacquer is very easy to apply and is pretty hard wearing. And @ ^ quid a tin theres enopugh to cover any spots you have in the future

You could use the remainder of the tin to overspray the areas that take the most abuse,the bottom bracket shell,under the stays and up tube
Wouldnt hurt ;)

Back