Age of my latest find / finds?? specialized hardrock /trek

tee-one

Senior Retro Guru
right just got two more bikes lol

both had the wheels off when i picked em up so didnt see the frame sizes but they are small

specialized is 43cm

trek is 47cm

the specialized has some good bits on /ish and the rims are araya even tho they look like apollo ones.... has a broken rear axle tho (guess thats why it was unwanted)
the trek had no front wheel and a set of bodged on cheapo forks that had a stearer about a good inch too long for the headtube haha

anyone got an idea of the age of em?

Picture581.jpg

Picture582.jpg

Picture583.jpg

Picture585.jpg

shame there a bit small .. wanna build a xtracycle free radical out of retro rigid

They're a bit nice to chop up! Not earth shattering, but reasonable quality.
I've been looking into making a Freeradical type attachment for a frame I have knocking about, and I think it'd be better to use the back half of suspension frame. They're fair game, too; no good as bikes.
Only very ordinary bikes though from the early 90s.

I say chop em!

They were bottom of the range back in the very early 90s before they got all rusted and knackered. Now they are either fit for making something fun out of or for recycling!

2Freebies ,well done,not the best but still a good find

But Wait......................

Will the Great Cheese have his crown toppled :shock:

...Stay tuned folks ;)

see im all one for the underdog and i like a nice steel frame so if they were bigger id ride em.... but how tall would you have to be to ride these??

Hardrock

That hardrock is a 91 model and by the looks of it is pretty much original.
Dont cut it up, :cry: :cry:
What are you needing a frame for as I may have something you could use or even do some sort of trade. It is my size after all. ;)

Jamie

i want somthing to build an xtracycle out of lol... im trying to use the car less but keep my biking retro ;) what ya got dude? considering i ride a raleigh montage frame usually ;) and im 6ft ish lol im interested in swapsies usually lol

Back