Decisions, Decisions?

paulstottuk

Dirt Disciple
i have a couple of decisions to make regarding my stable of bikes, And require some sage advice from the good people of this site.
I have just managed to get hold of a san andreas frame (at last!) but don't have all the componants to build it up to a complete bike. My beloved roberts is in dire need of a paint job (hence no pictures as i would be banned from the site!) Also have a GT LTS 2 sitting 95% complete which was for my girlfriend before we parted company just before completion hence only 95% complete..

I need a bike to get to work/keep fit.

Do i
1) Strip the roberts, build the san andreas, respray the roberts
2) Sell the LTS to buy parts for the san andreas
3) keep all three and slowly over time complete all three.

Thanks in advance for your advice

Paul

It's got to be answer 3.

complete the GT first, so you have something to ride, then work on the others

Yep. Finish at least one fairly quickly then slowly work on the other two; get distracted by shiny things; give in to temptation and buy at least 3 more 'projects'; build a shed to keep them all in... etc... etc

Keep the Roberts and sell the other two. And with the ££££ buy anther quality frame to build up.

ignore the peasants ....they just dont like sannies( i do )...flog the other 2 and build the mc up to its full beauty....you wont regret it....

chief garage poobah of the sannie riders guild .....

ps show us a piccie of the sannie....go on ... :D

paulstottuk":1n0k7mzc said:
Controversial what other frame would suggest as i do want a freeride bike to blast the down hills etc

Sorry can't help on that. As I'm a cross country rider :D

95% COMPLETE...
well pump the tires up, adjust the saddle and get riding, being an LTS it'll help you get fit in no time compared to that easy to ride efficient Roberts.

Then build the Robert up, forget a respray... just call it patina or whatever. I rides no different. Ride that, strip the LTS build up the San as I'm guessing you want that and are not bothered about the LTS.
Flog the LTS.

then start to build up the few more bikes you've bought in the meantime

Back