RC30 identification. Please help

drifting james

Old School Hero
Hi,

Can anyone please help me identify these forks?
They are pace rc30s. But have no cantilever mounts and part of a disc mount - please see pictures.

They also have a dark crown.

Will the standard Pace bolt on cantilever boses work on these? Does anyone know where I can source the rest of the disc brake mount?

Any advice / pointers appreciated

Attachments

• RC30 brake mounts.JPG
    RC30 brake mounts.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,037
  • RC30 retrobike.JPG
    RC30 retrobike.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,037
Disc only version around 96 with narrow rc36 crown. I have a set of 35's with a narrow crown. If you wanted to fit cantis you would still need to shim the mounts to fit the cromo legs. on the disc front as on the rc35/36 kits you would need a sport/c2/02 brake with correct caliper half and 5 bolt disc/spieder hope splined mount hub with shorter axle kit!

They're RC30 Trials forks & came with a bolt on adapter for Hope C2 disk brakes.
Steel steerer is very beefy & they weigh about 1200g compared to about 800g for the XC version.

As Caramba says RC30 Trial.

The Steerer and stanchions are beefed up with big ally[steel in the steerer]plugs-hence the weight increase over the RC30. The steerer was a push fit[not removable] and should have a c/s allen 'safety' screw in the back.

I guess they are quite rare now in good condition as most were wrecked on the trial courses. :roll:

Back