RC35 Rocker Assembly Query

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
JBD supplied various components for a rebuild of some RC35s - can anyone explain to me how to assemble the cantilever rocker arm and spring - preferably with pictures??

Mr K

Here is what I used and ended up with:

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/Bikekataloge ... C35_96.pdf

DSC00844.jpg

Thx TP,

Mine is the earlier tubed version of brace - can't see in your picture how the weedy looking spring attaches to either the brace or the rocker? Any tips?

Mr K

when I spoke to Tim, he said I may not need the spring anyway, but from memory there is a hole in the rocker and it fits up to the tube brace....

but I'll go take a picture after kids are bathed and in bed!

John

No spring on the early tubed one, it relies solely on the springs in the cantilevers to return. Other than that the set up is exactly as Paul has it.

Can be fitted with or without spring. The tube brace does not have a hole for the spring tail but can be sorted to lie under the brace to assist the canti.

The original spring had a hooked tail which hooked[ :roll: ] around the tube brace-but no longer available :cry:

JBD - it's sorted in a way... are you at MM this year? You can have a look and see what needs fettling to bring up to scratch...

Mr K

Back