Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kona Hot?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Getting a bit busy in my garage at the moment and builds are stalling. Also need to clear a credit card :(

Which one would you get rid of? I'm a little bit torn.

Salsa Ala Carte Jellybean?

Pros: Rare, talking point, rides well, perfect fit. Rare (again)
Cons: Build has stalled. Grafton bits nightmare to get hold of. Mag21 steerer too long. Another white frame...

Kona Hot?

Pros: Kona (I'm a fanboy sorry), rare, fun orange color, easy to build up, goes with my 1991 lycra kit....
Cons: Not THAT exciting. Just another Kona...

Vote cast. Salsa has to be the keeper. There are two Hots for sale on here or the Bay every week so easy to replace in the long run.

OR - the Salsa is probably tatty American steel badly welded by some guy who drove home drunk. You should give it to me to avoid sullying your collection further with a bike named after both posh tomato sauce and rubbish sweets ;)

Keep the Salsa. :cool: Its more than a bike whereas a hots a hot, nice bike but still just a bike.

jez-4-bikes-max":1oii6qqj said:
Salsa Ala Carte Jellybean?
Cons: Build has stalled. Grafton bits nightmare to get hold of. Mag21 steerer too long. Another white frame...

These are excuses

jez-4-bikes-max":1oii6qqj said:
Kona Hot?
Cons: Not THAT exciting. Just another Kona...

These are real reasons

That means that it should easily stack up in favour of the Salsa but it sounds like a head/heart decision to you. I would go with the Salsa but I think you should go with the Kona. After all, it's what makes you the happiest that counts.

Salsa every time. But then I've never ridden either & you don't mention how the Hot is to ride... that might be a consideration :)

id keep the salsa if only for the reason that it avoids those is it isnt it discusions that come down to a fraction of a fraction in thickness of the tubing defining it between a hot or a scaff pole :LOL:

I voted the kona before reading your post :oops:

After seeing the Salsa fits you better, I'd like you to disregard one Kona vote and add it to the salsa support instead.

perry":sjvhm02h said:
id keep the salsa if only for the reason that it avoids those is it isnt it discusions that come down to a fraction of a fraction in thickness of the tubing defining it between a hot or a scaff pole :LOL:

:LOL:

i voted to keep the salsa. my reason was the same as above - it will be hard to replace and also it fits you well.

i dont agree that the hot is just another kona but as stated they are readily available. dont know when i last saw a salsa for sale, but then i'm not really looking.

bury your credit card, keep them both

I'd be looking at keeping the one with the most sentimental value, these are the things i've regretted selling the most, if neither have that then, as lots have said the Kona is easier to replace, so keep the Salsa.

AndyB

Back