Semi-retirement for me

Huntso

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Time for a rest I reckon, still love it here, but must admit to being pretty much done at the tender age of 50

Sold my trusty M2 and newer M5 also selling off a few bits.
Just keeping some spares that are so expensive now like an XTR Cassette,Shifters, Mech and Brakes

Got a garage queen (hanging from the spare room ceiling actually) my back to new 93 Team Issue Marin and a 93 Merlin Mountain for everyday use

Not boredom by any means, but I suffer from a condition known as Cluster Headaches which come in surprise,surprise Clusters.
Decided that during the periods I am left pain free that I want to get out and about to enjoy actually riding the bike.
Admittedly part of the decision is financial, my daughter has been offered a place at the LSE, so that ain't going to be cheap

Not going anywhere,been here since 2005 and it is without doubt my all time favourite website
The frame and parts buying/selling has almost stopped and no more projects being considered
To be honest haven't really got anything left undone,not seen anything I desire in preference to the Merlin and hoping to wheel the Marin out at the Dutch Oldie World Championships later this year

Going to enjoy seeing all the great builds that continue to surprise me on here and really do think the qualty has got even higher every year.
If I can offer any advice, assistance or help out with a spare part I will, but think that's me done, so keep up the good work

Cheers
Rich

Happy semi-retirement Rich,

M2 in safe hands, will post up a pic in post '98 bikes when I've 'got there'.

Matt.

Attachments

• hotrod2.JPG
    hotrod2.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 651
M2 in safe hands, will post up a pic in post '98 bikes when I've 'got there'.
Looks like it is Matt and much rather see it used than stuck in my cupboard

do you mean just giving up building bikes etc...or cycling?

Definitely not giving up cycling, as I mentioned want to spend my quality time riding the bikes, so its just the buying/building/selling that is stopping.

Good luck to you and just enjoy the riding,

I also decided to give up building and fettling at Christmas i built 2 good bikes for me and one for the wife and now we just ride....Daily.... Its ace and one of the best moves ive made regarding cycling.

Just go out there and enjoy yourself Rich :cool:

Enjoy the buying/building/selling status quo, ever lasting time out or whatever how you call this. Cycling, that is where it all is about! I am telling myself that all the time, but maybe you are stronger.

See you in Holland!

Back