really quick mag fork question

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Wanting to play with the RTS to set it up better than it is, trying to get to the air valves , Unscrew the screws on the top then do you actually unscrew the black adjusters caps too? :? My book suggests this but I dont want to break anything and when turning lightly it doesnt feel like it should be springing back?? :?

Cheers

daj

As in Rockshox MAG ?

Air valve on these need a football needle type pump. The adjuster dials are just adjusters. You need a socket/spanner to take the top caps out, though I would strongly advise letting the air out. You can then get at the seals, though why you would want to other than to fettle or replace them.

Click on my Gallery link to get the detailed service manual(s).

Just had a peep So I can set the pressures through the screw hole? I dont want to do anything else than see what air pressures are in them and adjust them either way....

I am going to get such a going over in a min.... Packing to go camping in an hour !! :LOL: :LOL:

Yes, push the needle through there (lube the needle with grease or a thin lube that'll not attack the seal) and pump the air or let it out.

Back