Saracen Rufftrax rescue anyone?

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My mate's Rufftrax hack is a bit poorly around the driveside BB threads so I've got him one of Bankrupt's NOS Saracen frames as a replacement.

If anybody wants to come and rescue / fix the old frame it's here with a horrible RH Ofmega chainset (threads damaged on that too) and some of it's BB. It's an early '90s model (pre seat tube going through top tube) in camo green with 1" steerer and rear cantilever brake stop. And it's huge - approx 22"!

Just PM me if you 'd like it as I'd want to see it go to a good home. I'm not after any money for it (but if you've anything on my wants list then great)!

n586536170_3170894_628956.jpg

the rufftrax is a classic.... easily the best 200 quid bike around in its day. rubbish groupset, but had a chromo mainframe

i think we need to represent one on here

More like late 80s. My 90 model has the pierced seat tube. Note that the seat clamp is at the rear of the tube too.

mid-late 90s moved away from the pierced at least on cheaper models. i reckon that's around 1996

cce":1jwt1ywi said:
mid-late 90s moved away from the pierced at least on cheaper models. i reckon that's around 1996

I agree now I look at it. Cable routing is all wrong for an older bike.

Iwasgoodonce":2j5jkyxp said:
More like late 80s. My 90 model has the pierced seat tube. Note that the seat clamp is at the rear of the tube too.

Yup - thats a much later frame, the decals are the clue so yes, about 96 onwards

yeah it's been a great bike for my Deej over the last few years - he hammered it!

the frame is Tange butted cromo by the way

It was never the prettiest bike but it got him to and from work for years, come rain or shine!

So, any takers?

n586536170_2829151_6590064.jpg

Ok, the replacement frame arrived - I had forgot that it takes a 1 1/8" steerer so I don't need the matching 1" rigid fork or the original Saracen quill stem either (see photo above).

So, the frame, fork and stem are yours for a tenner if you can collect - anyone? The headset is pretty worn - but buyer can take it if they want - and as you can see the seatpost clamp is an integral bolt which is rusty but intact... everything else is going on the new frame.

Back